Sunday, December 12, 2010

Drop deck V1


This is the new drop deck I built this past week. I'm pretty excited about the results from this build. I never thought I'd be able to get a drop without maple and/or a hydraulic press. But I got a pretty decent drop. Right around 3/4 in drop using 4 plys of 1/8th in Baltic Birch, pressed in a vacuum bag. The downside of this build is that the mounting platforms aren't completely flat, so it's like a few degree wedge on each side. Another new thing about this build is the finish work on the bottom. I did a fabric/fiberglass finish. The plaid fabric being in between the 9oz fiberglass and the board. It not only strengthens the board, but gives a nice look to it.
The board is roughly 40 in. long, 9 3/4 in wide, with about a half inch of concave and 3/4 in drop. I might make one of these dropthrough, and possibly dropthrough-flushcut to get rid of the few degree wedges.

Hopefully later this week I'll get version 2 of the dropthrough freeride board finished and posted up. (version 1 was never posted, I haven't gotten around to it yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment